Time, for thought
Time, for thought is an 8-12 week rolling programme for young men aged 12-19. The sessions will be delivered in a group setting with the additional offer of 1-1 support. Young men will be able to join at any week and can continue to attend for as long as they wish. There will be the opportunity for the young men to be involved in sharing their learning . Time, for thought takes place on a Tuesday evening with the first part of the evening being a ‘drop in’ style, then the second part a more structured ‘session based’ style. The topics discussed have been developed alongside a focus group.
Time, for thought is a personal development programme and below is some of the topics we cover in our sessions. These sessions are reviewed and changed prior feedback from the boys. The sessions are centred around the needs of the young men attending.
|Goal Setting||My future and me||Resilience||Self Confidence|
|Social Media||Masculinity & Identity||Consent||Ok to be different|
|Mental Health||Men & Emotions||Racism||LGBTQ+|
Our aims for these sessions are;
- For the young men to develop more of an understanding about these topics
- To build self confidence through different activities
- To connect young men together in a different, enjoyable and safe environment
- To recognise the pressures young men get put under and how to deal with them
- To challenge inherent prejudice, assumptions and discrimination and allow young women to think differently about themselves and each other.
- To share and celebrate everyone’s different stories and opinions
In the school holidays we also go on different trips, for Summer 2022 we have planned; Laser Quest, a trip to the motor museum and the Windermere boat, picnic at the park, camping plus a few more.
Our programme is continuing to grow and if you know or want to referrer a youngster to our programmes then please fill in a referral form, we take referrals from 12-19 years old.
Peer Mentoring: we have a pathway to volunteering for the young men who complete the course and wish to support others. They are interviewed, trained and then return to the group a Peer Mentor.
A Special thank you to Furness Spiritualist Church and Urswick Recreational Bingo club for the amazing donation which will fund the Summer 2022 activities plus more.
Women’s Community Matters, Nan Tait Centre, Abbey Road, Barrow-in-Furness, LA14 1LG
Phone: 01229 311102
Referral Form: Time For Thought Referral Form