How else can I help?
There are lots of ways you can help:
- You can volunteer your time to support one of our many projects and the smooth running of the Centre. There are a range of opportunities and if you are interested please contact Bev at the Centre via our reception email for an informal chat about how to get involved email@example.com
- We have a Clothes Bank which provides free clothes and household items (not white goods or furniture as we do not have the space). Donations for the Clothes Bank can be dropped off at the Centre during reception opening hours
- We hold a stock of unopened toiletries, sanitary products and cleaning products. These can be dropped off at the Centre during reception opening hours
- We like to have gifts that we can give to families. These can be dropped off at reception during opening hours
- We use lots of tea, coffee, sugar, UHT semi-skimmed milk and biscuits (these now need to be individually wrapped to fit with our new covid secure safety measures). All donations of these are welcome and can be dropped off at the Centre
- We buy our office supplies from local shops. If you would like to donate stationary or A4 paper that is always welcome
- We have seasonal collections for particular things such as Christmas gifts, birthday gifts, wrapping paper, and dressing up outfits for world book day. We share these on social media
- If you would like to fundraise for the Centre and would like to chat to us about it, please contact Rachael for a friendly chat firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any ideas or questions, please just get in touch. We would love to hear from you
In person: Women’s Community Matters, Nan Tait, Abbey Road, Barrow-in-Furness. LA14 1LG
Reception opening times:
Monday & Wednesday 9.30am-4pm; Tuesday & Thursday 9.30am-6pm; Friday 9.30am-1pm
Phone: 01229 311102
We will also be offering support 2 days a week in Kendal from January 2021 – details to follow.